Navajo is currently accepting applications for the 2021-2022 school year. New legislation has passed and we will only be accepting applications until May 31st, 2021 for the 2021-2022 school year. We have openings in almost every grade so please apply as soon as possible. Will take applications on a first come, first serve basis. Please fill out transfer application by clicking this link: https://5il.co/r12z . You can email it to David Doss at email@example.com if your child will be in 7th-12th grade next year or Shawn Sager at firstname.lastname@example.org if your child will be in PreK-6th grade.
Navajo Public Schools, is a Pre-Kindergarten through 12th Grade Rural School District located about 9 miles northeast of Altus, Oklahoma. Navajo is a short distance and opens up availability of choice as an option for military and surrounding communities to consider as they find the best educational fit for their family.
Navajo has a long-standing tradition of academic excellence and strong community values. We have small class sizes that lead to more one on one with the teacher, enhanced learning, and where classes become a community. As Navajo students excel in and out of the classroom, they represent the school and community with character and integrity known as NAVAJO INDIAN PRIDE!
Navajo School transports the majority of their students by bus to and from school each day. These routes take students from various areas of the community, along with established bus stops on the edge of the Altus city limits. Students are provided a safe convenient method of transportation to and from school.
Navajo students enjoy and thrive on a campus where siblings can attend school at the same location. The environment offers parents of multiple aged students a school district that can educate all ages of students without having to travel to various campuses for school events/activities, parent conferences, etc. This is not only a convenience to many parents but a comfort as well.
Navajo is a “Military Family Friendly” school. With the inclusion of an Ex-Officio Navajo School Board Member, the administration, faculty, staff and board of education value the military families that become part of the Navajo family. Understanding the complexities of the military family life which includes supporting family members of deployed military personnel and the needs of military dependent students are a focus of Navajo Public Schools.
Navajo schools focus is to make sure that students and parents are involved with their Navajo Community. Some of the areas of focus is to make sure that all students are able to be involved in activities at school. A few examples of activities are:
- Academic Team- competes at the Elementary, Junior High, and High School levels
- Archery/Shooter Sports- new exciting Archery program at all levels and 2 time state champion Shooter Sports team including 2021!
- Athletics- Competitive in Junior High and High School Baseball, Basketball, and Softball. Basketball begins at the 4th grade level.
- FFA/4-H/TSA (Technology Students of America)
- In conclusion, Navajo Public Schools encourages you to come out and take a tour of our campus and see what Navajo can offer to your family. Our objective is to have your child and family in the best environment suited to your family’s needs and success. Please fill out transfer application by clicking this link:https://5il.co/r12z . You can email it to David Doss at email@example.com if your child will be in 7th-12th grade next year or Shawn Sager at firstname.lastname@example.org if your child will be in PreK-6th grade.